Bianca Chowdhury has always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer. She is a graduate from the University of Houston with a Bachelors in Retail and Consumer Science. During her senior year in college at the University of Houston, an idea sparked to make her dream become a reality. She decided to combine her eye for quality and detail into a functional leather line. Inspired by her middle name, Shanaz Designs was created. Bianca took Shanaz Designs to the next level while attending fashion design classes at Parsons School of Fashion in New York City.
Shanaz Designs is based in Houston, Texas where we continue our efforts to support women entrepreneurs around the world to follow their dream. Each and every bag is handcrafted in the USA in support of fair labor to improve the quality of life both locally and globally. We believe that everyone should do their part to support a sweatshop free world!
"Live the life you have imagined."
WE BELIEVE IN FAIR FASHION
- 97% of clothing items are now made overseas. Every single one of our Shanaz Designs handbags is designed and handcrafted in the USA to support the local economy.
- Our leather handbags are handcrafted in support of fair labor and human rights. We visit and oversee each step of the production process for our handbags at the factory.
- Everyday, all year long. Shanaz Designs handbags are designed and constructed to be luxury wardrobe staples for every season.
- Shanaz Designs supports human rights by providing a sustainable work environment. The producers of Shanaz Designs are paid a fair wage which allows them to provide for their families.
- All of our products are priced all based on a fair profit margin. No obscene markups here.